(taken from http://www.infobeasiswa.net)
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) awards educational grants to women from developing countries whose graduate studies and future plans aim to benefit women and children in their respective regions. Commitment to this goal is an essential selection criterion.
The Fund is staffed mostly by volunteers and is affiliated with the World Bank Family Network. Many World Bank spouses volunteer yearly to raise funds for these grants.
MMMF Educational Grants US/Canada —Academic Year 2010-2011
MMMF GRANTS IN THE US AND CANADA
For students from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada, the MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each; grants are not renewable. Every year, the MMMF also invite the recipients in Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honor.
Follow the application procedure below.
- Application Forms: available on-line from November 5, 2009.
- Deadline for submitting completed applications: midnight February 18, 2010
- Results: ONLY successful applicants will be notified around May 1, 2010
A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- Has a record of service to women and/or children in her country.
- Resides in the U.S. or Canada at the time she submits the application.
- Is enrolled at an accredited U.S. or Canadian educational institution for the academic year 2009-10 and remain enrolled during the entire year of the grant.
- Uses the grant to continue to study for her degree.
- Is a national of a lower or middle income country as designated by the Country Eligibility List of the World Bank (Country Eligibility List). Applicant cannot ba a U.S. citizen, permanent U.S. resident or Canadian Land Immigrant.
- Demonstrates a plan to return to a developing country in about two years after receiving the grant.
- Demonstrates financial need.
- Is at least 25 years old by December 31, 2009 (Born before December 31, 1984).
- Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her or her spouse.
There are no exceptions to the MMMF Scholarship criteria listed above.
Documents to be mailed
- A copy of Fall 2009 Registration
- Official copy of transcript for fall 2009 in a sealed envelope from the Registrar.
- Official estimate of annual expenses for students published by your institution.
- One (1) passport-size photograph
- Copy of US/Canada Visa
- For applicants at US Universities, copy of I-20 / DC-2019 (formally IAP-66)
- For applicants at Canadian Universities, copy of Study Permit
- Copy of curriculum vitae/resume (Maximum two pages)
The following documents are required and must be mailed together in one envelope to the MMMF, postmarked no later than February 18, 2010 addressed to:
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
P.O Box 27255
Washington, DC 20038-7255
Application deadline: February 18, 2010
Visit the website