(taken from http://www.rumahbeasiswa.com)
The GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders program provides financial support and leadership development to talented undergraduate students enrolled in engineering, technology or business management programs in participating countries. The program aims to build the human resources capacity and increase access to post-secondary education in countries where GE is active.
IIEF is an affiliation entrusted to manage the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program. Derived from its name, this program aims to find and develop new leaders that will bring positive changes to the world and their surroundings. In order to face future challenges, being smart is no longer sufficient. The need for capable leaders that are able to sustain development in any condition, whether its an easy or difficult situation.
This program is the shape of GE Corporation consideration effort through GE Foundation, which is a philanthropic foundation established by GE to support non-profit business programs with educational purposes as well as increases the well fare of human kind around the world. Here in Indonesia, GE Foundation has supported many humanitarian programs and educational as part of GE long term commitment towards community.
GE Foundation Scholar-Leader Program intended for Bachelor students in Indonesia with Cumulative Achievement Index (IPK) of a minimum 3.0 (of a scale of 4.0). Scholarships will be given early from the third semester up until the eighth, especially for those from MIPA faculty, economic and engineering backgrounds.
1. Bachelors students minimum third semester from ITB, ITS, UGM, UI, UNAIR, UNDIP, UNIBRAW, and UNPAD; one of these following major: Economy (Accounting, Development Management Study), MIPA (Physics, Chemistry, Math), Computer Science, Environmental Study, Engineering (Electro Engineering, Physics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry Engineering, Computer Engineering, Evironmental Engineering or Mechanic Engineering)
2. Academic Index from I, II and III semester with minimum of 3.0 (scale 4)
3. Demonstrates skills and intellectual capability and strong leadership
4. Active in students organization or other social activities
5. Has a fairly good grasp of English, written and verbal
6. Comes from less fortunate background
7. Not in the condition of accepting other sponsorships from different institution
All documents must be submitted to IIEF by the latest on 15 December 2009 (by postal stamp).
Registration forms re available for pick up or for copy at the students unit, at each major or HIMA, or access from IIEF website. Filled registration form must be completed with transcript from 1st, 2nd 2nd and 3rd 3rd semester (legalized); 2 recommendation letters (from supervisor and other lecturers); letter of statement to indicate incapability of fortune (from distric council and university administration); letter of statement to indicate the applicants is not in condition of accepting other scholarship and will not accept other scholarship if found as one of the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program; copies of other certificates or supporting documents (if there are others).
The form can be send to this address:
Beasiswa GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program – IIEF
Menara Imperium Lt. 28 Suite B
Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12980
Telp 021-8317330, Fax: 021-8317331; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org